Taiwan Network Information Center (TWNIC)
New Policies Regarding Renewal and Transfer for .org.tw Specific Domain Names in Alphabets(Abolished)
- 1. These New Policies (the “New Policy”) are applied to renewal and transfer of all org.tw specific domain names in alphabets and are enacted from February 2, 2012, pursuant to the resolutions of the Domain Name Committee, TWNIC, dated December 27, 2011.
- 2. The currently effective quality requirements for the “.org.tw” specific domain names registrations include:
- 2.1 The applicant shall be a foundation or a non-profit association legally registered under the laws of Taiwan. Exceptionally, if a foreign non-profit organization, registered under the competent laws of its base state, has particular reasons, it may register a .org.tw domain name, provided the application is granted by the Domain Name Committee of the TWNIC (the “DN Committee”).
- 2.2 In applying for such an application, the foreign non-profit organization shall subject the following documents to the DN Committee for examination:
I. Supporting documents for the legal status and the natures, i.e., a non-profit organization, of the applicant.
II. A written application, with descriptions to the type of application (new application, renewal, transfer etc.), applicant’s plans in using the domain name applied for registration, period of the domain name registration and the applicant’s signature.
- 3. According to the New Policy, the requirements stipulated in Paragraphs 2.1 and 2.2, above, shall apply to all new applications, renewals and transfers for .org.tw domain name registrations.
- 4. A policy transition period is provided for all .org.tw domain name registrations that expire within the period from February 2, 2012 to April 5, 2012. For these registrations:
- 4.1 The registrants shall timely pay the renewal fees to their respective registrars and submit the required documents to the TWNIC by 17:00, March 30, 2012, for examination.
- 4.2 If the registrants fail to provide the required documents before said deadline, or if the renewal applications are rejected, all the relative domain name registrations will be frozen at 12:00 (noon) of April 6, 2012, Taiwan Time, and will be canceled 30 days thereafter. The renewal fees as paid shall be returned to the registrants of the canceled domain names, in full or in portion, in pursuance with the policies of the corresponding registrars.
- 5. The examination of all new applications, renewals and transfers is about 30 days or longer, from the date of the application. All applicants and registrants are recommended to submit their qualification documents in advance, in order to ensure the continuation of their domain name registrations. Domain name registrations expired before the completion of the renewal examinations may be frozen and/or canceled, if conditions provided in the “Guidelines for Administration of Domain Name Registration” and the “Domain Name Registration Agreement” are satisfied.